Rose quartz slime started as an experiment to see if we could create a gem or crystal like slime without buying expensive pearl pigments from craft stores. As it turns out, we definitely didn’t have to and it’s a great opportunity to use up any old shimmer make up you may have laying around that’s broken or mostly empty….it’s just right for a great metallic finish! We used that in combination with a lot of glitter and chunky iridescent glitter confetti to give the slime its rocky appearence and shine. This one has a very different texture than the others because it’s so saturated with glitter and confetti, almost like a putty but a lot more pliable.
To get started you’ll need:
- Shimmer eye shadow, highlighter or pigment.. new or old. If you don’t have any laying around, any type of powder shimmer make up from the 99 cent store works great
- Chunky iridescent confetti (we got ours from party city)
- Lots of iridescent glitter, if you have small amounts left over from other projects in multiple sizes, using all them at once works just as well as long as they’re not opaque
- Pink food coloring
- Clear school glue
- Liquid starch
- Large mixing bowl
- Mix 1/4 of a cup of glue and 1/8 cup of water in a bowl and thoroughly mix until you’re unable to see anymore clear streaking in the mixture and the glue is totally dissolved into the water
- Scrape the shimmer make up into the mix, add glitter, and confetti then thoroughly mix. The mixture should be chunky and totally saturated with the confetti flakes and glitter, so continue to add more if needed.
- Once you get the mixture right, add a very small drop of the food coloring, so it stays pastel, mix again until totally blended
- Add 1/4 cup of liquid starch and immediately begin stirring quickly in circles until it all starts forming in the center of the bowl and around the stick you’re stirring with. Remove and squish back and forth in hands until it starts to form a more cohesive glob in your hands and begin to knead and stretch it until the excess moisture is gone, then allow it to sit for a few moments